Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Why Are Girls So Stupid?



I remember a time during my freshman year of high school when I was falling into the crowd. I was on the cross country team, surrounded by girly girls and gay guys. I had been a hardcore tomboy my entire life, but the influence my effeminate friends had over me was getting to the point where I was starting to wear makeup.

One day I came to school wearing this really cute mid-drift top from Forever 21, and my hair was up in this pig-tail style that Claudia did for me. I thought I looked really cool, and carried myself with the grace of a true American girl.

Then my Algebra class rolled along. It was report card day. I wasn’t too concerned about my grades, I was more concerned about whether I looked like a dork or not. I noticed the girls that were sitting next to me. They were dressed really cute in the ultra-tight clothing that was popular at the time. I couldn’t get over how stylish they were. I wanted to know where they got their clothes so that I could go buy them with my mom later in the week. Envious, I listened in on their conversation.

“WOW Roxanne! Oh My God!”

“What did you get?”

“I GOT A D!”

“Really?”

“Hell yeah! My mom’s gonna pay for this! This is the third time I’ve taken this class and I finally passed!”

“I got a D too, but its in English, I don’t care.”

The chances of getting hit by a falling meteorite are slim to none…I got hit by a big one. I didn't want to be like these girls! That’s not how I saw myself, and that’s not how I wanted to be. I flashed back to younger years, and adventurous hikes up mountains back home, of playing tag in the woods and running with my dogs, of climbing trees and tether ball. I remembered who I was.

At the end of the period, I ran into the bathrooms, washed my face, took down my stupid hair style, threw it in a pony tail, changed into a t-shirt I used for running, and never looked back.

4 Comments:

Blogger Babs said...

BEST VIDEO I'VE SEEN IN A LONG, LONG TIME!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Nikki_Jilton said...

yeah, I like Pink

11:21 PM  
Blogger Babs said...

Ok... I re-read this. I think you're assuming that fashion = stupid women. Hudson, a friend of both of ours put it nicely when he said that fashion isn't about being cool, it's about showing the other person that you respect them. (he put it much better than that) What he means is, when you go to a job interview, you wear something appropriate to tell the employer that you want the job. You don't wear a bullet chocker or some other crazy thing because you're trying to make the other person feel at ease about hiring you. Fashion is about making the other person feel at ease... that's why so many groups of friends wear similar clothes - to fit in. Got it?

10:16 AM  
Blogger Nikki_Jilton said...

I still think they're stupid, rationalize it all you want.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home