Sunday, April 02, 2006

Abortion is Killing Me (??)

I can't decide which is more painful...having a baby or having a baby cut out of me (eeeehhh).

It is now illegal in South Dakota to have an abortion. I'm not sure how much this matters in South Dakota seeing as there is only ONE CLINIC IN THE ENTIRE STATE! But I imagine that the handfull women a year in a state with six-digit license plates are pretty literally pissed off (as if their vaginas are not already under enough stress). I can imagine the ONE clinic is pretty ticked too seeing as with no competition in the rest of the state, they could have a coupon day for abortions and not work nights or weekends with paid vacations. Will this be an indicator of a trend that the rest of the United States will feel inclined to follow? IMO, probably not seeing as its SOUTH DAKOTA and I'm not sure many people could point it out on a map without help. I personally think its a quick move to get some attention seeing as once again its SOUTH DAKOTA and no one cares about it! Poor South Dakota. Too bad its not California which will never outlaw two things even if the entire rest of the world outlawed them: Gay marriage and women's rights. This will not happen seeing as California, with the third largest economy in the world and liberal mainframe, is practically its own country and can do whatever the hell it wants to and still be the best and baddest state in the union. We have the Terminator as our govenor for christ sakes! What does South Dakota have? Is that the state with the cheese or is that Wisconsin? I think if California outlawed abortion, it would cause ripples, but South Dakota?...ehh dunno bout that'un. Isn't it legal to marry your 14 year old cousin in South Dakota? Apperently its legal to marry a 15 year old boy if you're a 35 year old woman and get pregnent by him. That might be Georgia though, I'm getting my southern states all mixed up. Florida seems pretty cool though, except for the fact that they don't know how to punch ballot-cards to save their lives, guess the exceptions really do make the rule, okay I have to stop now about the South, I'm having too much fun making fun of them. I have to say I think this gives new meaning to the term "arogant Americans," I really think its just "arogant Californians," they do most of the traveling anyway! Then again, true that California has the third worse public education IN THE WORLD, so I don't know how much authority we sun-tanned beauties have on political matters, ah who cares, at least its better than being South Dakota. I have a feeling that I'm going to get a death threat from someone in South Dakota after this. Okay I'm done, I'll stop now.

I guess what I have to say is that if people from one side of South Dakota are willing to make the journey all the way to the other side of the state to go to the ONE abortion clinic to have an abortion, I'm pretty sure that the smart ones will be willing to buy a ticket to California to have it done for half the price, or just go a state over! Duh.

As for where I stand on abortion, I'm not pro-abortion, I'm pro-choice because even if I don't have an abortion or don't agree with it, who am I to tell you what to do (thanx Alison)? If I care so much about killing babies, why don't I go volunteer at a childrens hospital or orphanage first and then once those problems are solved, focus on the slaughter of masses of cells. Priorities people, priorities!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home